Did I mention to yall that I have an iPhone? Not sure if I raved like a little teenage girl about how I arrived late – yet happily – to the iPhone party, but I did. I have one. I love it. I don’t give a shit about corporate email or the fact that the calendar is worthless or the fact the speakerphone stinks or that the phone really isn’t such a good, well, phone. It is worth it. It is sooo well worth it.
Anyhow, thank god the SDK is here! Think its going to be as crazy as the launch of the Facebook platform? What about an iPhone fund? Now there’s a sign that the VCs are really turning into goats that just love to get herded around.
So – following the iPhone launch through the Palo Alto store and the late night visits two nights in a row were a HUGE pain in the ass. But it seems to have paid off in terms of traffic to the blog. I made it to the top 10 blogs of the day on WordPress.com – w00t!
My stats line graph is way out of whack – so basically I have little to look forward to but a traffic downturn. They don’t call me Miss Congeniality for nothing!
Traffic Line Graph
Search Engine Terms
It is about 11:08pm PST on June 28. I just drove by the Palo Alto Apple store and this thing is starting to get outta control. Here is all the craziness I witnessed, in bullet form:
- A line that is already a block long
- An overabundance of lawn chairs, more than you’d see at a damn concert arena
- A dude who looks like Father Time is fourth in line. Now this guy represents the true Apple faithful, making a recent Mac convert like me look like a HUGE poseur. Oh well, it’s worth it, dammnit!
- Several Stanford undergraduates. But of course!
- A few hot girls standing around on the side. But the line is overwhelmed with dudes, as expected
- A goddamn camera crew with a TV van outfitted with a mondo satellite dish!!!
- Dorky reading lights mounted on a hat. Hilarious!
Pictures coming soon – stand by, all ye geeks! Previous post/pictures are here.
In an act of extreme tech geekery, I ran up to the Palo Alto Apple store at 12:30am on Thursday morning – to see if any fool would care to show up two nights before.
Sadly, I was disappointed. But I do have goodies – photos of the Palo Alto store, with the giant iPhone prototype. Also check out kick-ass iPhone buzz index (thanks to Digital Daily)